What we do
- WHAM! Media communicates your social investment work in ways that inspire your stakeholders and contribute to positive change.
Our services include:
- Bespoke social development communications strategy
- CSI brand management
- Reporting (integrated, annual, internal, sustainability, environmental, socio-economic)
- Through-the-line communications from advertising to digital, social media and direct
- We offer these services through a hub of South Africa’s foremost communications practitioners in CSI, enterprise development, corporate message positioning, non-profit media campaigns, social change platforms and integrated reporting.
- We know that positive and real change isn’t just possible, it’s already happening. That beyond scandal fatigue, ordinary South Africans are doing extraordinary things.
- We’re excited by the idea that done properly, money, time and energy invested in the right people and projects can bring outstanding returns. That when we tell others about it, we do so to replicate change for good.And we’re excited by the idea that there can be opportunity for growing numbers of people, if we’re able sensibly to be “the change we seek”. We’re not here to tell others what to do. We’re just betting that if we bring together ideas and actions, we can help unshackle our country’s potential.
- Contributions that are based on solid fact and that reflect the broad views mentioned above are welcomed, and should be sent to email@example.com for consideration.
- WHAM! Media is in the business of truthful free speech. We do not belong or report to any ombudsman, press council or media body.
- WHAM! Media is a sole proprietorship, the name of which is reserved with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission of the Department of Trade and Industry, operating in terms of the New Companies Act (Act 71 of 2008) of the Republic of South Africa. WHAM! Media is owned by Paul Gabriel Pereira.
At WHAM!, we use information collected online to develop and enhance the services we offer, including regular electronic communications, and to help us build our business. We take privacy issues seriously and are open about the way data is collected and used. This policy outlines the principles that we follow.
- When you visit a WHAM! website, the only data that we capture is that submitted via email, by submission of a feedback form or by completion of an order form. Such data is maintained only to fulfil our purposes as described above.
- When you register for a service provided by WHAM!, you may need to choose a user name and password for authentication purposes. For administration purposes, we will also require your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. This may be used to send you information about your account and any WHAM! promotions. You may elect not to receive such promotions.
- WHAM! does not sell, trade, lease or rent your personal information to others. The primary use that we make of personal information is to produce aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic and related information but these statistics do not include any personally identifying information.
- From time to time WHAM! may employ other companies and individuals to work on our behalf. Examples of such work might include sending e-mail, analysing data and providing customer call-centre services. Such agents have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions.
- WHAM! may contact you as part of our quality development work. Such calls will be made only to identify your experience of our services and to elicit your suggestions for improvement. You will be under no obligation to answer any such questions.
- We may likewise ask our market research partners to contact you by telephone as part of a survey of our services. You will be able to choose at the time whether you want to take part in any such survey.
- WHAM! undertakes to take reasonable steps to protect personal data against loss, unauthorised disclosure or access. Please remember that you are responsible for protecting your password/username and must not share it or allow its disclosure to anyone.
Email disclaimer and intellectuial property rights
- The views expressed in emails emanating from WHAM! Media (WHAM!), and on WHAM! websites are, unless otherwise stated, those of the author and not those of WHAM! nor its owner or management.
- The information in these emails is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to these emails by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted in reliance on this is prohibited and may be unlawful.
- While all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrity of information and data transmitted electronically and to preserve the confidentiality thereof, no liability or responsibility whatsoever is accepted if information or data is, for whatever reason, corrupted or does not reach its intended destination.
- All content carried on WHAM! Media websites or other publications, of whatever sort, remain the intellectual property of WHAM! Media and these intellectual property rights are protected worldwide by the terms of the Berne Convention to which the Republic of South Africa is a signatory.
Terms and Conditions
By accessing this website, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions of use:
1.1. The information contained in www.whammedia.co.za (“the website”) may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All information made available from within this website is provided “as is” for information purposes only and without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, any warranties as to non-infringement, satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
1.2. WHAM! Media (WHAM!) of Johannesburg, South Africa, may make changes to the content of this Website at any time without notice.
1.3. WHAM! makes no representations as to the security, quality or propriety of any website that may be accessed through this website. Connected websites accessed through this website are independent websites over which WHAM! does not exercise any control, whether financial, editorial or of any other kind and are not in any way endorsed by WHAM!.
1.4. WHAM! will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, consequential, special or other damage resulting from the transmission from this website to your computer systems of viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other destructive items, however caused, such damage to include, without limitation, loss of profits, interruption to business, loss of the whole or any part of a programme or any data howsoever stored whether saved on a computer system or otherwise.
2. Downloading and printing material from the website
All design, text and graphics displayed on this website and the selection or arrangement thereof are the copyright of WHAM!. You are granted permission to electronically copy and print in hard copy portions of this website for the purpose of your own personal development. Any use of materials on this website (including but not limited to reproduction for purposes other than those noted above and modification, distribution or republication) for professional use must be undertaken with express acknowledgement of WHAM! Media.
3. Intellectual property
- All trademarks, product names, brand names, company names, titles, copyrights or logos cited herein are the trademarks, trade names or copyrights of their respective owners. No permission is given by WHAM! in respect of the use of any such trademarks, product names, brand names, company names, titles, copyrights or logos. All content carried on WHAM! Media websites or other publications, of whatever sort, remain the intellectual property of WHAM! Media and these intellectual property rights are protected worldwide by the terms of the Berne Convention to which the Republic of South Africa is a signatory.
4. Privacy of data supplied by you
4.1. WHAM! is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
4.2. Because the Internet infrastructure is global, and it is not possible to predict the routes that information sent over the Internet will take, the information you provide may be transferred temporarily via a route that takes it outside the boundaries of South Africa as it passes between you and WHAM!. By submitting your information, you consent to this transfer.
5. Losses resulting from unauthorised access to your data
While every effort is made by WHAM! to keep secure information submitted by you, you accept the risk that data transmitted electronically via this website or otherwise may be intercepted before reaching its intended destination or accessed by unauthorised third parties and may be exploited unlawfully by such third parties. WHAM! does not assume responsibility for guarding against the acts of such third parties and shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special or other damage resulting from third parties’ interception of or access to data of whatever nature including without limitation personal data transmitted by you electronically or otherwise.